First, buy a cheap set of battery lights with all the advertisements saying how good they are, and how pretty they look, hung in a window. Next, plug in the batteries, (usually a couple of either AA’s or AAA’s).
That’s it. You will cook one of the batteries.
These lights are extremely cheaply made, probably in some sweatshop somewhere in the world. One of the batteries is likely to get extremely hot once you’ve inserted it, and you’ll have to get it outside as quick as you can. It might just explode. Thank God, mine didn’t, but it was a close thing, more than likely. You need to get a hot battery away from windows, for obvious reasons.
If you really don’t fancy that experience, leave the blardy cheap, battery-powered lights alone and go for something safer! Why did I warn you? Been there. Bought a set. Thought I had three of them. Glad I didn’t. I thought I’d cooked me goose last night!